HEY...WHAT SMELLS LIKE UPDOG?

12.05.2006

NO I DECIDED I WAS FINISHED

So married life is not too much different. Not that I expected it to be.
Pretty much the same. It's great.
We're happy and excited about our future.

Right now our future consists of paying off debt.
-Jim's student loan is almost paid off.
He worked full time while going to school full time.
He's a machine. I, however, worked about 16 hours/week and requested the maximum amount of financial aid every semester. So I still have a shit load to pay back. But at least I have nice furniture to show for it.
- Next we'll finish paying off the yard barn loan.
- Then my student loan.

After we get a little more of our crap paid off, we'll prob get a pet.
At first, I really wanted a puppy. Jim still does.
But there are a lot of times when Jim and I both work 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm and we can't leave a little puppy all by themselves for 12 hours.
So....
I also want a kitty (initially wanted puppy+kitty=BFF), which will be a lot less work.
And I've had a lot of kitties in my short life that totally had personality.
That's how Jim feels about it: Cats are dumb, they don't do anything.
So....
I think I'll prob win this argument. Because regardless of what kind of animal it is, I'll be the one taking care of it. Like the turtle. And Hadley wants a kitty too. Or a bunny.

And after we pay off my student loan and successfully care for a pet, then a baby might be in the mix. Auna, a lady I work with, who thinks she has some kind of voodoo 6th sense, always predicts the sex correctly when we have coworkers that are pregnant. She has even known that someone was pregnant before they did. Anyway... she told me last week that I'm going to be pregnant this time next year with a baby girl, but since Jim has dominant genes, he will "mark his children" and they will all look like him.

In other news...
We got rid of the old brown corolla.
Jim had been driving it since I got my new car (because we traded his old car in for mine because it stopped driving in reverse). Totally his decision.
Well lately he's been really grumpy and hateful and pissy because he has to drive a piece of shit car around.
So we got him a new truck.
And Jim parked the brown car on the street by the trash cans and took pictures of it and hoped that the trash people would take it.
They didn't, so we sold it to his brother-in-law.

Last weekend, actually two weekends ago, I went out with Ginger.
(This is the reason you guys read my blog, I know it!)
It had been a long time.
We went to a couple bars. And ended up at one with a crappy band.
But when the band took breaks, the DJ played booty music, so we stayed. Of course.
We were dancing with a couple of girls that I work with, when a skinny bitch with teased hair and glitter eyeshadow stepped on my foot with her imposter stiletto heel.
I had been drinking, so I was a little over dramatic, when I said, "OWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! " about 7 inches from her face.
Her reply? "Well you should get your fat ass out of my way!"
Before I could even register what she had said...
Ginger was all :"Excuse Me?!?!" and when the girl turned around, Ginger flicked her in the middle of the forehead. With no hesitation at all. I think that's what is so awesome (and at the same time potentially dangerous) about Ginger. She didn't even think twice about it. It was hysterical. The girl scurried off with a look of shock on her face. It was priceless.

Also while I was at this bar, I saw Pisa Leay. And Stacey, I'm sorry to report that it seems several men did find her sweet and tempting.

I have become very very clumsy the past several weeks, and close to almost killing myself a couple times.
The most recent examples:
Ok so work is usually pretty busy. I walk fast or jog everywhere I go. It seems there are always 3 places I have to be at once. And our patients, on an average, are so much sicker than they were like a year ago at this time. So I'm getting someone's morning medicines together (renal patients take like 40 pills a day) and then I get a protein drink made for another guy and I'm carrying about 10 things at once and probably thinking about 25 other things I should be doing and I rush into a patient's room slip on an imaginary wet spot, skate about on 3 feet on one foot (in slow motion), twist, (I remember saying Ohhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhh) and fall on my ass with my left knee behind me . Of course everything flies out of my hands. And I get the whole "you ok sweetheart?" from the sweet little old man that wouldn't be able to help me if I wasn't. So I ignored the pain and the lump of embarrassment in my throat and got up. I pulled my back out pretty bad and the bruise below my knee juts out further than my knee cap does.

Then yesterday, I tripped on the leg of the coffee table. And just about fell on my face into the pile a newly wrapped Christmas presents. I cried. It hurt, but not bad enough to cry. But I was so pissed. And then I cried again when I busted my knuckle on the dryer. And then when I broke one of Jim's Christmas decorations while I was sweeping, I cried some more.

Sunday, we went to our first NFL game.
Jim's friends that live in Nashville got us tickets to a Titans/ Colts game.
The Tennessee Titans LP field is an open arena. Like outside open.
To make it better we had to park 2 miles away...
And our seats were top level, row KK. Which happens to be the very very very last row.
We were sitting under the big halogen lights that light up the field.
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
The temperature on the field was probably a good 25 degress.
Which means that our temperature 800 stories higher was probably 15 degrees.
And then the Colts lost.
And then I started my period.
And then I found $5.

6 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So there!!!
Stacey I challenge you to beat that post!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger stacey said...

God, there's no way...this is pretty much the best post ever, I give it a 9.8. It would've been a 10, but it didn't end in you getting ":)".

I still don't think she's sweet or tempting.

But the mental picture of Ginger flicking some bitch in the head just made my day. That's priceless.

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god that's awesome. that's so fucking awesome. i love her so much.

i'm sorry you keep falling down all the time. lay off the sauce, at least at work. :)

wait, :) means "porking" always now or just when ashleigh writes it on her blog?

god that is the most awesome post. i can't believe you're already talking maturely about considering a baby. i thought people just got pregnant by accident and then thought "oh what the hell"

liz

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger stacey said...

Hahahahah, me too!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this was pretty much a "10" from me. I love your blogs!

I also like the idea that :) means "porking" always, not just here.

heh.

Melissa

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jd and i have been walking around shouting "Excuse you!" at each other then flicking each other in the forehead all week. that is fucking the best story I have ever heard.

liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home